View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Cool. If you do update it though, I suggest you start from 1970. Makes more sense to start from there as it really is the start of the modern draft. Moreover, in '69 you probably have players missing due to the C-Form signings.
not sure where you're getting this. 1969 was the first entry draft.

Quote:
Also, you may want to include a guy like Glen Anderson to avoid controversy. He's a HOFer so I'd think he has to be an 8.5 at this point.
I'll put him above players he's better than and below players he's not - HHOF be damned!

Quote:
Cool. I remember you posting it. I think the only team to ever have five top 5 picks was the Pens right? And they wound up winning the cup that season if I remember correctly.
I definitely wasn't posting there at all in the season the Pens won the cup. I had entirely transitioned over here. But maybe I noted that they were the team that had followed the "path" most often followed by other winners.

We all thought the Pens were set up pretty well, and of course we were all right.

Remember how the naysayers and the leafs apologists would say "ya but how will they sign all those guys huh? they will never fit under the cap so how can all those players evar help them win the cup man???" - and we said, yeah, too many awesome young players, what a terrible problem to have, *insert rolleyes emoticon*

Four years later, they still have all those players.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote