View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I did say specifically "a properly high price when necessary" which suggests that condition.
The Properly high" askign price was outrageous. And thus not worth the get.
Quote:
We simply MUST have another sniper not counting Parise we can't count on if we're lucky enough to get him. Girardi + must go unless you want to give up a different D. If we want a serious upgrade, you need to give to get. If we wish to keep McD, Staal, etc, then this is your only option for the moment.
I am not sure that a "serious" upgrade is needed. For the offensive woes to disappear, all that would have to occur is for Richards to play like Richards and a move towards mediocrity on the PP. I believe that this team will improve organically (Stepan, hagellin, even a Callahan or Dubinsky, Anisimov...all taking steps forward in their development.). Then the offensive prowers go up. You cannot simply presume that the kids will continue to play at a static level. And no, I am not willing to trade any of the young defensemen.
Quote:
I am not a fan of any system that runs our assets into the ground, whether it be Mike Keenan, or John Tortorella. Play hard yes, prematurely overexert, no.
They are not overexerting themselves. They are doing what it takes to win games.
Quote:
Torts has too many times our D and even our Fs have to be diving all over the place, risking injury from shots, and getting out of position.
They are diving to block shots and are not caught out of position too much at all.
Quote:
If we could dictate offense more which we could with a finisher, more snipers, we would not have to play as much D in our end..
Making a decision to play less defense, is a quick way to get to disaster.
Quote:
The system may look all world, but it was exposed vs. Caps last year, throughout this year, and remains compromised until it can be repaired/adjusted.
There were many things that were wrong with last year. Not the system.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote