View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Sure he plays like a rookie that would be expected. A lot of people on this team have tons of moments they do not play smart and no one wants them "benched". Example Tootoo, Klein, Peka, Legwand, and the list goes on. Klein is the only player i have wanted riding the pine

How do you know Spaling is better than Smith at faceoffs when you or me have not seen it? Smith has played 98% of his time as a winger?

What do you mean how does he compare to Hals in "scoring"? Smith has 13 goals and 20 assists that =33 points in his first season at the NHL/AHL level. Halischuk in his 4th year at the NHL level has 12 goals and 11 assists that =23 points.

That is with all the long slumps Smith has had. Halischuk and Spaling have been through the same slumps.

I agree he is not ready to be on the 1st line but it is simply silly and uneducated to say he needs to be "benched" for others i have mentioned.
Spaling is at 51.6% on face offs, and has taken 772 face offs. Smith is at 44.8%, and has taken 346 face offs.

Personally, I would say since Smith has a dramatically lower win percentage with less than half the amount of face offs that Spaling has taken, Spaling is the better face off guy.