View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Au contraire mon frere. I think it is important. I really do.

Why? Because I think for the first time in a long time we have ourselves a guy who's going to consistently hit the 30 mark. That alone is accomplishment enough for now. I don't think it's going to take another two decades before we see two 30 goal scorers in this lineup and I see this as a very positive thing.

We've obviously got a long way to go, but at least we've finally landed a consistent goal scorer. He may not be a superstar but he addresses something we've really lacked for a long freaking time. I may be getting ahead of myself here but when I look at the number of shots Max puts on net, I think he's probably going to maintain a 30 goal pace for a long time.

Well, a new GM and a top pick (if it happens) can change all that. I think we're all happy with some of the pieces that we have going forward.

I've been pretty clear since about mid year that I think management needs to be replaced and we've definitely squandered some assets but at least we have stuff to build with. The next GM we pick is crucial though. And so is finishing top 5. If we don't get Grig, Yak or Galchenyuk it's really going to be a wasted year. I'm not the most knowledgable guy when it comes to these prospects but I've heard mixed reviews on Forsberg and I suspect that not landing those top 3 forwards will mean more mediocrity in the future. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've heard on Forsberg. Good but not great and not on the same level as those other three.

And we desperately need to draft a forward. Preferably a center.

Yes, it matters, nice work on this.

Sure would be nice to start having guys in the top ten in scoring. Can't believe how many Hab fans have never seen this happen. It's embarrassing that we never have elite players or scoring leaders. Folks who say that it's not important really don't know what they're talking about. Top scorers give you a huge leg up. When you don't have them, it makes things a lot harder.
Even the '92-'93 Stanley Cup Champion Montreal Canadiens had 4 30 goal scorers;

Damphousse(39), Muller(37), Bellows(40), Lebeau(31)

so having 2+ 30 goals does get you far, it isn't the whole picture. I agree that having a few 30+ goals scorers is important for a Cup running team, but only to some extent.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote