View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
petejudge

vCash: 500
avery stepped into a team with no personality and no sense of teamwork and was the first guy to really step up and put some fight into his teammates. i'd argue that without having avery, dubinsky wouldn't play the game the same way he plays it now. i think avery had a lot to do with dubinsky picking up the hard-nosed tough as nails style. to go along with his scoring (we don't see much of that scoring this year obviously)

i still believe that sean avery is a better hockey player than some of the other guys who have played forward for this team. i'd take avery over newbury, scott, mza, and some of the other overrated young guys this board seems to gush over (christian thomas is never going to make it guys!)

avery was effective when he played HIS game. torts didn't want avery to play his own game, and it killed his effectiveness. early on in the season avery was EXACTLY the guy this team needed to get the gears going, but when he was sent back down the team was able to do the things they weren't doing effectively before avery so it all worked out.

i'd love to see avery play in a rangers uniform again but i know it will never happen. he had a great run here and made a lot more important plays than the avery haters like to pretend.

petejudge is online now   Reply With Quote