Thread: Post-Game Talk: Tank Nation on track...5-2 loss.
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
wandering goat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'd take Gilmour, Clark, Sundin, Roberts over Phaneuf or Kessel anyday. These 2 guys we have are not franchise players, they are not difference makers. Obcourse I will hear Kessel is 5th in the NHL in scoring, he's a great talent, all sunshine and roses in leafsland, we are 2 players/tweaks away from making the playoffs, what a wonderful core we have. It's moving in the right direction. The usual rhetoric.

But in reality if tweaks are what we have in store for next year with this same nucleus we will be in trouble again next year. Need significant changes to move fwd. Trading Grabo's 5.5M contract before July 1 for one, and clearing the deck. Absolutely no confidence in this group, and if anyone here says they have confidence in this group next year, I don't know what the definition of denial is.
I think Kessel is really struggling playing without Lupul. You can see how his play went up even last season when Lupul arrived, and they've both been feeding off one another big time this year. I think alone, neither is as good as they've shown for most of this season, probably more like 50-65 point players, at least at this point in time. Granted, everyone's better when they're playing with better players, and Connolly is no substitute for Lupul, that's for sure.

As for Grabo, no way in hell I trade one of our best players just because his cap hit is a bit high. He gives us defensive responsibility, skill at center, and he makes things happen all the time, even when they don't translate to goals. We're not going to get better by shipping out the only things that are working for us.

Also, wow at the Kadri tweet. I mean come on, show some professionalism.

wandering goat is offline   Reply With Quote