View Single Post
Old
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
PBPantherfan
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
The PP definitely tilted the game but what's ironic is that the PK has been the most consistent aspect of the Leafs game admist the wreckage and tonight it was their PK that pretty much lost the game for them. I mean, did you not see the beauty pass from Gunnarsson to your guy? That isn't like him at all. I don't know what's harder to process - the fact that he tried to clear through the middle of the ice when he had more than enough space to just shoot it to the side or the fact that during a PK, the Leafs only had two guys in their own zone.

Between injuries and pretty much everyone assuming that the team was playing over their heads and would play their way out of a playoff spot, the Panthers have been resilient and they've found ways to earn points and win games when they needed it most and that's a quality in the team that I think should give you guys hope that they can turn it around to what it was before.

By the way, what injuries are keeping Upshall and Versteeg out of the lineup and when do you guys expect them to return? With the season winding down, I'd imagine Versteeg would be a huge boost to the line up come playoffs.
Versteeg has a hip injury and is day to day. He did do color in the 3rd with Moller tonight that was pretty funny. Upshall had sports hernia surgery and is still a while off. We are also missing Kulikov who should be back soon as well.