View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 03:58 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator
Well allright. I'm sorry I misunderstood your point. You have a way sometimes of making it seem like you think many modern players are really terrible, but maybe I just read too much into your statements.

My point was not that Markov is as good as Boyle from a career perspective. He clearly is not, but I think that is simply because he hasn't had as long of a peak. Both players at their best were about equal, and are good enough to be hall of famers with sufficient length of peak. In all likelihood, neither one will get there. Boyle got too late a start on his NHL career, and Markov will have to come all the way back from a bad injury, which is no sure thing.
I don't really think modern players are terrible, it's just that players like Markov, with no personal or team success and short body of work (yeah I know it's bad luck with the injuries, but still) seem to get too much of a free pass at times. Markov's peak is rather similar to Boyle's, but much shorter. And even Boyle would IMO need a few more excellent years to warrant HoF consideration, so Markov's pretty much out. BTW the player that reminds me most of Boyle is Rafalski, and I don't see many making HoF case for him.

Pick coming soon, it sucks getting OTC at 2AM.

MadArcand is offline   Reply With Quote