View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I don't have to much of a problem with a no look to the front of the net. High slot? yes. In front of the crease, no problem with that at all.

If we can't recover quick enough from that sort of play then we have bigger problems to worry about.

That play is still below the hash marks which is where the Rangers like to control the game.

The problem i have is that we dont really have the offensive net presence we should have to take advantage of such a play.

Al Arbour preached to get the puck on net or in front of the net from ANY angle. Things happen when you get the puck to the net and I'd rather get the puck to the front of the net than keep it in the corner and pass and pass and pass and pass waiting for the perfect shot.

Get the puck to the front, storm the gates and will the puck in.
Key here being you need someone there... a blind pass to the crease is just as dangerous as the high slot with no one there.

You can "hope" it'll go in off a defender's skate or the goalie but it's a low percentage play and last night they tried it with no one there, turned the puck over and trapped 3 low creating odd man rushes all over the place. Brutal.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote