View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 09:43 AM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Regardless of how many chances Smith has in the faceoff dot does not make him better at faceoffs than Spaling at THIS very moment. You're also saying with practice he'll get better? See Legwand. 12 years in the league hasn't made him that much better. He has improved but he's not over 50% for his career. Stats do not lie. If Trotz and the staff felt that Smith was good at faceoffs, why isn't he taking them? Why did the acquire Gaustad? Too many things point to this being a weakness at this point in time with Smith in the dot. You can spin it any way you want. I could spin it that Legwand is the greatest thing since sliced bread but it would be pointless to do so. All players have strengths and weaknesses. Right now, Smith is not good in the dot, plain and simple.
This is not about me spinning anything the faceoff dot was brought up because it is others excuse on why Spaling is better than Smith. Like i spin it you can spin it as well. With the same amount of faceoffs you, me, nor anyone else can give the %.
All players have weakness.