View Single Post
Old
11-15-2003, 03:40 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voynich
Thank you. That is exactly the kind of feedback I was seeking.

As an aside, half the proposals I see around here are very short and to the point with no reasoning or analysis whatsoever from the person who proposes it. When someone actually takes the time to think something out, wrong as they may be such as myself, I think they deserve better than a page full of thread crapping. Even if a trade is brutal, if someone actually puts the time and effort into trying to contribute something of substance it should be recognized with a lot more than the usual "Ha, Ha" "Brutal" "Worst ever" comments. It may very well be the worst ever proposal to grace the boards, but we as a community should have the maturity to respond to it in a manner that befits the effort the individual poster put into it.

How hard is it too look at a trade from both sides?

Yes the isles want to reduce payroll, but they'd also like to end up drawing more then 4,000-5,000 a game after the deal's done.The amount of payroll their beat writers say they are looking to reduce, doesn't require such a brutal deal.

Weimer averages 12 goals a yr and is a 3rd liner,Parrish averages 24 goals a yr on the 2nd line.They don't have the same trade value.

There were teams talking to the isles about aquiring Weimer.Isles were screwed when news broke that they had told Weimer waivers were a possibilty.Why trade for Weimer when he'd be available on waivers?

Your offering 2 fifth rounders for Parrish+ Hamrlik was brutal,was a fantasy proposal.