View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
7toZulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
The thing I was not prepared for when joining my first beer league was that "no contact" really means no blatant hitting.

There's nonstop contact. Don't be afraid to put your weight into a guy you're defending or attacking against. As long as you attempt to play the puck you can also play the body. Around the net you can usually take liberties to clear someone from the crease or the puck along the boards. This is usually true when racing a guy for the puck too, even in head on situations, as long as you attempt to avoid the contact. Too many times it's unavoidable so you might as well play hard and occasionally run over people.
This is something i've recently realized at drop in. There are guys that are around my level that skate a little recklessly and slash/push their weight around pretty freely, so i'm learning that i dont need to be worried about getting physical with them. When i first started i was the type that would fall over if i ran into someone because i didnt want to lay them out, now I'm the one standing usually.

7toZulu is offline   Reply With Quote