View Single Post
Old
02-09-2006, 03:18 PM
TeamSeals

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
No thanks. I'd rather hold out for a 2nd rounder and decent prospect from another team.

My personal opinion is that Parrish is not going to the Wild. I think the Isles will move him to a playoff bound team at the deadline, and then I think he'll sign with a contender over the summer. I could see him playing for Philly, or the Avs or something like that. I basically think his comments about wanting a contract offer from the Wild were posturing.

But, let me be clear, I'm not making any strong predictions because I really don't know how this is going to play itself out. For all I know, he could be with the Wild by the weekend.

Kasper11 - I agree that lack of a GM makes an eventual sell-off of impending UFAs likely. I'm just not sure that Minn and Isles make good trade partners since both teams are likely interested in adding youth and picks. And, in Minn's case, there is plenty of room on the payroll so they'd be better off waiting to the summer and making a UFA splash.
Id send over a 2nd round pick and a young grinder to give some potential but mostly hustle and edge. Take your pick from Vellieux, Wanvig, Foy. That should be enough, unless there is some sort of bidding war that gets started then we probably wont mortgage our future for him because he really isnt worth it but in sending over a second rounder we are just saving ourselves from picking Kassians successor and we flat out dont have the room for all three players(Vellieux, Foy, and Wanvig)