View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Stanley Cup contenders by next year, no. Making the play-offs and being a better team, yes. If Markov is back for the full year and we sign a big, physical, defensively solid D-man, like Grossman, then you have a D thats better offensively , defensively, more physical and the PP should be a lot better.
Offensively there are more questions. I thought we were a roll 3 offensive type of lines team, but then it doesnt look we even tried to sign AK and since the UFA market is pretty dry for secondary scoring , I really dont know what the plan is. Im guessiing that if we hire a good coach he might think it wise to keep DD, Patches and Cole together, play Plekanec with Bourque and Gio, and then give Eller some talent on the wings, which the GM would have to bring in as I doubt the young guys coming up have 20 goal potential this year. Need a good energy 4th line and White is the centerpiece there. Would be nice to have a very good face-off man like Gustaud as well. The Draft is the wild card for us . We could get a guy who could step in right now, or we could be waiting for him ifor 3 years or so.
Anyway, with the right D I think we could be fighting for a play-off spot, with an upgrade at forward we could be close to fighting for 4th -5th in the East.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote