Old
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcarcagno View Post
Wanted to get some pointers/tips from seasoned players on playing beer league for the first time. I saw a previous thread about beer league tips, but this new "draft league" i'm going to start in April is a little different than standard.

Each team is made up of players of various skill level, and teams are supposed to be evened out to compensate. I would say i am better than total beginner, but im not a strong stick handler while skating aggressively. Any tips on playing with guys that are better than I am without hindering the team too much? I'm so damn excited to actually play on a team and have refs and all, i just want to be an effective player while I'm having fun. May sound cheesy to you guys who have played higher level competitive hockey, but for a 27 year old who is pretty new to playing, I feel like I've made it to the big time!
Since you're in the area, which league are you playing in (feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post it here, or feel free to tell me that it's none of my business ). I've probably played goal in the league (or at least in the organization) and can give you additional thoughts.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote