View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I like going after Fletcher but only if they draft Kuechy in the first round. Fletcher is getting on in years and Kuechy could benefit from playing a more limited role and stepping up next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Isn't Fletcher 37? That age thing makes me nervous. Don't know much about Hawthorne, but I have little doubt he'd be an upgrade over the currently clowns they have.

What's the issue you have with Tulloch, out of curiousity?
Fletcher turns 37 in May, but he's no run-of-the-mill 37-year old. Did you know he hasn't missed a single game in his entire 14-year career? He's literally the most durable player in the NFL. At the linebacker position, no less! Unbelievable. Hell, he just had his best season at age 36. Those who are scared off by Fletcher's age aren't digging beneath the surface. Trust me, I live in DC and have been watching him for five years. He flies around on the field like a guy in his 20's. On a two-year deal, I absolutely pull the trigger. Tremendous player, even better leader.

Just a personal preference when it comes to Tulloch. It's not that I have anything against him, per se, I just prefer Fletcher and Hawthorne. I think Hawthorne is really, really good -- the best linebacker in the league that no one talks about.