View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Wouldn't mind having him as our 7th defenseman next year, would be cheap and didn't look out of place in his brief call up.
Is it any different than having Weber/Diaz as a 7th? Which IMO is where they should land if we are going to make a serious run anywhere.

St-Denis is kind of like Darche, he is a good plugger but he doesn't belong on any team with any real chance of doing any damage, and it's even more pronounced in a role as a defenseman.

I am all ok with having these guys in a #7-8 role in the event that an injury does happen, and that management is dead set on giving Tinordi/Ellis/Beaulieu time in the AHL(which they all need). I'm all for giving the guy a chance, I just don't think he's a fit on THIS team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I'd like to see Kaberle's cap used on a guy that can play 5 on 5 though. Decent chance there is a GM out there that values his assists enough to take him on.
We have to find someone to round out the Top 4. We've spent much of the season with Diaz acting as a #3, Emelin a # 4, and Kaberle as a #5. Now that we've got Markov back we should have one of the spots filled in for the Top 4 with him, Subban and Gorges. We still need another guy IMO, if we want to compete. Emelin can fill in for short periods in a Top-4 role as can Diaz, but long-term they just aren't ready for it yet. Kaberle is intriguing because he used to be an average yet adequate Top-4 all-situation defenseman. Nothing so far indicates he can return to that level of 5-on-5 play though.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-UFA
Emelin-Diaz
St-Denis-Weber

Last edited by JGRB: 03-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.
JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote