Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Frederic St-Denis Recalled
View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Is it any different than having Weber/Diaz as a 7th? Which IMO is where they should land if we are going to make a serious run anywhere.

St-Denis is kind of like Darche, he is a good plugger but he doesn't belong on any team with any real chance of doing any damage, and it's even more pronounced in a role as a defenseman.

I am all ok with having these guys in a #7-8 role in the event that an injury does happen, and that management is dead set on giving Tinordi/Ellis/Beaulieu time in the AHL(which they all need). I'm all for giving the guy a chance, I just don't think he's a fit on THIS team.

We have to find someone to round out the Top 4. We've spent much of the season with Diaz acting as a #3, Emelin a # 4, and Kaberle as a #5. Now that we've got Markov back we should have one of the spots filled in for the Top 4 with him, Subban and Gorges. We still need another guy IMO, if we want to compete. Emelin can fill in for short periods in a Top-4 role as can Diaz, but long-term they just aren't ready for it yet. Kaberle is intriguing because he used to be an average yet adequate Top-4 all-situation defenseman. Nothing so far indicates he can return to that level of 5-on-5 play though.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-UFA
Emelin-Diaz
St-Denis-Weber
I see Emelin as a legit 2nd pairing guy for next year so I'm not as concerned about that. Although another top 4 would be a welcome addition.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote