View Single Post
Old
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Another thing about the DeSean deal... just wait for the details to come out. From what I'm hearing, this could be a classic Eagles contract -- back-loaded and team-friendly in terms of bonus money being paid out over the first few seasons (see: Vick, Michael).
Yea I just read on Espn that the first two years have 14.75 million of the guaranteed money. It also saves the Eagles 6.5 million in cap space this year as well. Great contract for the team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-jacksons-deal

Quote:
Looking at the details of the Philadelphia Eagles' new contract with DeSean Jackson, it looks pretty favorable for the team. As I understand it, the base value of the deal is $47 million over five years, with escalators that could push it as high as $51 million if he plays all five years and meets them all. It also includes $15 million in fully guaranteed money and an additional $3 million in injury guarantees. Of the $15 million guaranteed, he gets $14.75 million in the first two years.

Per a league source, Jackson gets a $10 million signing bonus and a $750,000 base salary in 2012. He gets a $6.75 million base salary in 2013, and $4 million of that is fully guaranteed while the rest is guaranteed only against injury. Of his $10.25 million 2014 salary, only $250,000 is fully guaranteed and $250,000 is guaranteed against injury. He's eligible for a $250,000 workout bonus in each year of the deal, and his base salaries for the final two years are not guaranteed.