View Single Post
Old
02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
mark parrish won't be hard to get if they want him.

He's a UFA anyways after the year, and will be gone most likely from the island.

A player doesn't have much value that is just a couple month rental, unless maybe his name is jagr or something.

Isles will take what they can get....sure if we have to give up a second...maybe i'd do it...assuming we signed him long term, it would be worth it.

PS- Too bad we aren't in the east ( we'd be in the playoffs as of now) and in the hardest division in hockey. The wild have played good hockey this year, the core is young, good tending, good prospects lots of cap money.

Ahhhhh its good to be a wild fan in the coming years!
Impending UFAs actually have more value this time of year. teams that are looking to beef up for the playoffs can acquire a guy like Weight, Olli J, etc and improve their shots at a cup WITHOUT causing problems with the cap. Every season, we've seen teams overpay at the deadline for such players. I see no reason to believe this year will be different.

And, yeah, the Isles will "take what they can get" but what they "can get" will be more than 3/4th rounder and a marginal guy like Wanvig.

I still stand by my prediction. Isles will get a 2nd rounder and a decent prospect, and Parrish will wind up with a contender. I'll predict Philly or Ottawa, but can't say anything for sure.

Wildtate10: Just to be clear, I am not saying that Minn won't make it for sure. I just personally think it is unlikely. 5 points out at this point in the season will be hard to make up, especially with the Oilers and Avs both playing well. But, you are right that the Wild are right in it now and it will go down to the end. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Wild make it, and wouldn't be shocked to see them miss.