View Single Post
Old
11-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
A win is a win, but don't take anything away from this game aside from goaltending.

The lines were all manhandled. Juneau on the top line was a complete disaster. The Ribeiro line got a goal on an Ottawa breakdown, but were easily contained and hemmed in their zone all night. The Perreault line was okay, soley do to Dackell and Bulis. And fourth wasn't on much, when they were, Ottawa killed them as well.

The lineup was a complete failure.

The defense was poor. People want to say how terrible Rivet was, but frankly Souray looked terrible as he was beaten out wide countless times. Bouillon was coughing up the puck all night, Brisebois was the same. I thought Markov played better than of recently, and Quintal was solid in his return.

The penalty kill was atrocious again. You can blame Rivet if you want, but I would also question communication. Rivet was already turned to play the puck before it was shot in, his teammates should be yelling. The second goal you can call weak because it went through Theodore, but the fact remains, you can't allow the defenseman to step up to the faceoff circle and wire a slapshot.

If there aren't some more major lineup changes again next game, I would be surprised, and truly question Julien. The lack of size and phyical play of Hossa and Ryder was evident along the boards and winning individual battles.

And Bulis is finally rewarded for his hard work, truly nice to see.

Last note, oh the refs were horrible.