View Single Post
Old
11-15-2003, 05:50 PM
TwineSniper

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
I came to this board tonight ecpecting to see all the ranting whiners to change their tune, which I would have accordingly shoved it in there face. But what do I see, something even worse (which I wouldn't think it was possible) everyone still giving the Habs Sh** even though they won the game?

What does this teams have to do?

IMO, this game was shades of two years ago, where we got outplayed for the most part and took advantage of the few chances we got.

40 shots sounds like alot, but for the most part, they weren't bonafide scoring chances.

This exactly the game I was expecting out of the Senators tonight, and we handled them the best we could, and it worked.

The Franchises Notes:

Joe Juneau--did the job he was supposed to do out there, nothing flashy.

Saku Koivu--Excellent defensively, still showing some rust in the offensive zone, that should change soon

Richard Zednik--Trying hard to break the slump, starting to get predictable breaking into the offensive zone. He always cuts to the outside and drives to the net. Do you think he doesn't cut to the middle anymore because he's still gunshy from the McLaren Hit?

Chad Kilger--Some scoring chances, always seemed to happen when he was at the end of his shift, played the body which was nice. Easily knocked off his feet so far this season, has he lost weight or something?

Mike Ribeiro--Good game from Ribeiro, You could tell Ottawa was checking him hard.

Donald Audette--It took him over a year, but I think he finally gets it, if you don't play well, you will get benched, so earn your spot! He did tonight.

Jan Bulis--scoreboard shows how well he played tonight.

Yanic Perreault--Good game, typical Perreault game IMO, good on faceoffs, some offensive chances.

Andreas Dackell--A few flares, but pretty invisible out there, did his job defensively though.

Niklas Sundstrom--Invisible at even strength, but did a good job enforcing the trap and on the penalty kill

Steve Begin--Still haven't been disappointed by this guy. excellent checking and shot blocking tonight

Darren Langdon--Sorta wished he could of shaked things up with a fight in the second, other than that did well in limited action.

Sheldon Souray--Have seen him play better, but I wasn't disappointed, he has got to watch the giveaways though.

Patrice Brisebois--Nothing flashy, no big mistakes.

Andrei Markov--Not a bad game, but I think I am beginning to see his confidence slip away, he needs to break this slump.

Craig Rivet--Better than he has been, but still not back to his "A" game.

Stephane Quintal--Good job in his return, cleared traffic as much as he could, good on the penalty kill.

Francis Bouillon--might've played his best game of the year tonight, physical, good outlet passes, no big mistakes.

Jose Theodore--Hart/Vezina Trophy winner form.