View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Gotta give credit when it's due. I was superpissed when we traded Stewart and Shattenkirk for Johnson and McClement. To be honest I didn't have much knowledge about Johnson or McClement before they came to Colorado, but it looks like we made pretty darn good deal here. McClement has really made our 3-4 line much better, his face-off skills and defensive play in shorthanded situations has been great for us. Johnson had #1 potential, I mean, basically he's our #1 defenseman already, so he's panning out also. Everything is going just like Sherman planned. Even Varlamov has turned on his beast-mode and soon this team will be unstoppable(jinx, knock on wood..).

Anyway, happy to see how Sherman re-build this team in couple years. Couple years ago we had terrible prospects, overall pretty old team and basically we had no chance to win Stanley Cup, If we are realists. Now Avalanche's future is looking VERY VERY bright. I'll be surprised If this team hasn't won anything in next 5 years. This team will be so awesome to watch next 5-10 years, that I am so excited.. Even though we might miss the playoffs this year, but I don't give a ****. It's not really our time yet, youngsters are getting better and older, by time we are going to have our window and most likely with this character on this team, skill and other stuff, we are going all the way at some point!!!