View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Quite true. Though I'm not really prepared to call Langdon "great" in his role. Filled the role, scored that huge tying goal (his only playoff point?) against the Bruins after Theodore had been holding the fort for a bit at 1-0, but was one of those Laraque/Staubitz wastes of a roster spot (different era/game then, though, I guess). Couldn't even get 5 mins of icetime from him because he was that poor of a hockey player, lol. Definitely a tough dude, though, in the days of our gentle giants.
Maybe great was a little too strong of a descriptor for Langdon. I guess he seemed so effective in that role compared to guys like Blouin, Dwyer, R. Simpson, Odjick (especially after he broke his hand and went with the one glove on method), Cummins, Morrisette and Vukota before him. They calibrated my expectations for a fighter at that time low.... real low.

I do agree that was a different time, though. With guys like Simon, Oliwa, McCarthy and the Belak/Domi tandem on other teams, I was glad to have a genuine heavy around to distract them for a while.

LOL. This wasn't even that long ago, but I feel like breaking into a rendition of "Those Were the Days".

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote