View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I agree that it's as positive that it ever has looked, that said - it's a head case player in a bush league in what's pretty much a third world country.

If anyone thought this was going off without a hitch, no freakin way.

I admit, I did talk to a buddy about pulling the old #47 Mustard out of the closet and making the trek from Knoxville this weekend.
I posted this in the other thread, but TL had closed it before hand (ah the struggles of being a Global Mod... I can post in closed threads without realizing it )

Since "third world" was a tag given to nations who had no affiliation with either the US or Russia during the Cold War, Russia is the antithesis of a third world country

But I do agree that Russia does seem to operate backwards compared to what we are used to in the States. We'll see how it plays out. Medvedev said that the KHL would not be an iron curtain to Radulov, and he hoped that this situation would not sour relations between the KHL and NHL as he is hoping to have KHL games in NYC next season. IF we can trust that he is acting as a business man then this could be just a minor hang up, and it will be resolved shortly (though hopefully before the weekend). If he is simply trying to propitiate egos then we're screwed.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote