View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Handcuffing yourself with all of carle, coburn, and mezsaros long term is a recepie for mediocre D with no flexibility moving forward.

That is not good enough for your core D
We honestly REALLY need to find ourselves a #1 defender. Pronger is done and I cant see Timonen going for more than 1-2 more years. Coburn, Grossmann and Meszaros are solid to have in the top 4. Grab a #1 somehow (maybe draft and in 2 years he is ready), or go through trading (we will have to trade one of our top 6/9 forwards such as JVR) but it will be worth it. Really hoping Grossmann turned a corner from Dallas and this isnt just temporary. If he has turned the corner, he is a top 4 20+ minute guy who will play some solid defense. Resign Kubina for a year or so, and let him play on the 3rd pairing with a guy like Gustafsson or Manning (I see Manning in the same game build as Kubina so I dont know if that would work).

I think Timonen is still pretty good but we really need to find a replacement. The Coburn/Meszaros/Carle/Grossmann are not #1 guys to carry the team on one's back. Meszaros needs to be better though. He has had a pretty bad season.

Last edited by sa cyred: 03-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.