View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Gilbert is quality. He can play in all situations and log a lot of minutes. I know you guys will warm up to him, even if its not until next season.

Shultz has been decent for us so far, playing well defensively and also has 4 assists in 7 games with a +1 to boot

Gilbert has 1 assist in 8 games with a -2. Since his injury earlier this season he hasnt been quite the same and no doubt hes adjusting to Minnys system. I think hell come in next season and change some of your minds.
Depends which Gilbert you get. His contract year he was good with lots of potential. We signed him for too much money and the next few years he was without doubt the Oilers worst D-man. By far. Bar none. Scream in terror every time he touched the puck omfg bad. He could single handedly lose games for you regularly. This year before he got injured he looked really good. Worked with a shot coach over summer, came into camp in great shape. Was looking like he would finaly be worth his contract. From the time he came back from injury to when he was traded tho... looked much more like the bad Gilbert then the good.

Everything I have heard and seen about Shultz says the Oilers more than likely won this trade by a landslide. Steady reliable D-man. But if the good Gilbert shows up and sticks around... Minny will win in the end.

It's funny how there were alot of Gilbert fan boys who are quick to point out his strengths but can completley ignore multiple YEARS of being the worst d-man on the worst team in the NHL. The most common excuse is that Gilbert was pushed into the top pairing role too often and that playing against the oppositions top players makes it unreasonable to expect him to do well... Weak reasoning in my mind.

With Minny and the Oil doing so poorly I hope it works out for both teams.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote