Thread: Simmons: Leafs are a disaster
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Frankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Connolly was a short term stop-gap, the second best center in the FA market last season, and at that point Grabovski, Bozak and Dupuis were the only centers on our team. His work ethic can sometimes be questioned, but his production isn't as bad as people make it out to be, considering that he has spent the majority of the season on the third line. It was a good signing, regardless of how it turned out.
i find this to be an amazing statement. it doesn't matter how a transaction turns out? how else does anyone judge a signing or trade, if not by the results?

i always thought the only thing that mattered was how it turned out.

Quote:
Mike Komisarek wasn't the best signing in retrospect, but he was coming off of a great season, and multiple teams offered him similar dollars. He has picked his game up considerably since the coaching change, and his signing hasn't hindered us in any way.
again, this is amazing to me. because he was coming off a good season, and other gms might have been prepared to make the same mistake, this somehow lets burke off the hook for this bad signing?

Quote:
We got these players for free, were some of the best options of their time in FA, and they haven't prevented us from doing anything.
they've prevented us from winning. i'm not sure what else matters.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote