View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
I don't believe it for a second. It's our chance to get a legit, dominant forward and we're blowing up the whole season of suckage for a "good finish".

Guess what, that's exactly the kind of mindset the Leafs fans have been living with the last 5 years. "We've had a strong 2nd half, this team is definitely a playoff quality roster!".

And you all know how it turned out.

However, if we do drop in the draft, like 5th or 6th overall, I hope we go for the BPA. Draft Dumba for all I care, you never have enough good defensemen. As long as we don't end up with marginal, middle 1st round players.

I still wish we manage to land Grigorenko.
Well, we've shown zero ability to move up to high draft picks via trades but maybe if we get a new GM he can make a flip with the Oilers. This is a defense heavy draft and they need help there. It might actually make sense for them to deal with us if we're 5th or 6th. They could move down and still get the blueliner they're looking for. Other teams will want to do this as well but the Leafs are probably disqualified due to the animosity between Burke and that organization. Question is... even if Edmonton considers it, what do we have to give up to move to 2nd?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote