View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, we've shown zero ability to move up to high draft picks via trades but maybe if we get a new GM he can make a flip with the Oilers. This is a defense heavy draft and they need help there. It might actually make sense for them to deal with us if we're 5th or 6th. They could move down and still get the blueliner they're looking for. Other teams will want to do this as well but the Leafs are probably disqualified due to the animosity between Burke and that organization. Question is... even if Edmonton considers it, what do we have to give up to move to 2nd?
Personally, as long as we draft in the top 7, I wouldn't necessarily entertain the idea of moving up in the draft. Guys like Dumba, Forsberg, Galchenyuk or Trouba all have loads of talent. The best player in the draft, in hindsight, might be one of these. Plus, for what it would take to move all the way up to 2nd, if we're drafting 5th of lower, will be too steep, in my opinion. Grigorenko is not considered a surefire superstar in the hockey world, from what I've heard, so I'm not sure it'd be worth it to overpay to draft him.

For once, Timmins actually goes to a draft with 2nd rounders in hands. Let's see what he can do with it, he did draft Subban and Tender in the 2nd round, after all.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote