View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post

STILL NO TOP STAR IN THE ORGANISATION
We're not really going to win anything with this roster. If can't get Grigorenko, Yakupov or Galchenyuk, then we'll keep finishing 7th or 8th for the next 10 years.

OVERPAID
Kaberle, Gomez, Gionta. They are not very good and they are wayyyyyy overpaid. You could even add Bourque in here.

ERIK COLE
We might have just ''wasted'' Erik Cole's last good season. This guy is a slow starter, and at 34 years old he is not getting any younger. I really fear this guy won't be able to play as well as he did this year anymore. I hope I'm wrong, god I hope I'm wrong.

FARM TEAM SUCKS
Clément Jodoin sucks and the majority of our prospects in Hamilton probably will not even be playing in a relevant league 2 years from now. They suck.
1. Price is a ''top star''. Pacioretty might very well end up being a star, so could Subban. We shouldn't expect whoever we'd draft top5 to be much better since all three above ARE playing like top5 players (Subban and Pacio would certainly be top5 in their draft, they are steals).

2. Gionta is a good player, he's just been injured all year. He isn't that overpaid. Gomez won't be back and Bourque&Kaberle's contracts are manageable. Once Gomez is off the books the Habs will be in a good position cap wise. Overpaid players is something every teams have (those who don't do not spend to the cap).

3. There is no telling about Cole.. Even if he scores a few less goals he'll be a valuable player nonetheless. Players aging is something every teams face.

4. The farm team is in a bit of a dark spot due to the age of our prospects. Next year Tinordi, Bournival, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Kristo and others (Ellis?) are going to join Hamilton. Right now they suck because our former top prospects (Subban, Pacioretty, Emelin, Diaz) exceeded expectations and already made the team without playing much with the Dogs AND because we traded some selections 3-4 years ago. AGAIN that is something every team faces once in a while. Our only prospects in Hamilton right now are undrafted (Engqvist, St. Denis, Berger ect.), later round selections or pretty low on the depth chart (like Palushaj)

Oh and Moen should be kept at all cost. He's the perfect bottom 6 player and a good trading chip if his role is taken over by younger players.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote