View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
cheerupmurray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
What's a good webpage to follow the kvalserien (preferably in english but swedish will do too I guess)? Interesting stuff, I wish Mestis was as good a league as Allsvenskan, there's no point having the same qualification system here in Finland because Mestis is so weak compared to SM-liiga...

Some other questions:
1. How big are the teams in this years kvalserien? (Fanbase, juniorsystem, economy)
2. What are the average attendances of the Allsvenskan teams qualifying?
3. From the above posts I've gathered Örebro and Bofors are the little guys, do they have potential to grow into big Elitserien organizations if they qualify? What about Rögle or Leksand?

I tried searching the net for answers but with my swedish skills it is very difficult.
Örebro is not a classic team, but they have economic muscle and a potential to grow, not the biggest fanbase but they would probably get semidecent attendence if they qualify to Elitserien.
The teams profile right now is that they rely heavily on players that have been stars in Allsvenskan for a long while like Conny Strömberg and Johan Wiklander. A pretty old team, without a great junior organization. Favorites to threaten the SEL-teams since they arguably have the best team on paper among the teams from Allsvenskan (among those four players with some NHL-experience). If they would qualify for SEL, hockey interest would grow in a part of Sweden that has never been that interested in hockey.

Bofors (Karlskoga) is a smallmarket team with low attendence from a small town, that has had a great season, no great junior system even if they fostered a couple of players through the ages (like Bengt Åke Gustafsson). Few standout players, more of a hard working collective with a great coach.

Leksand is a very classic team, with good attendence and fans all over Sweden, they have great junior development. Besides Oel, Filip Forsberg and Victor Rask, they have loads of young players on the team that have been fostered by the club. This years edition is a allround good team, but perhaps without some really big stars (well Mattias Timander is perhaps a star).

Rögle has played a couple of seasons in Elitserien before, they have pretty decent attendence, and a really good junior program. They have a very young team, with quite a few up and coming players. Plus a couple of veterans with SEL-experience

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote