View Single Post
Old
03-15-2012, 11:25 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
lol.what?you re talkin in circles dude.that last paragraph scares me.pk,patches,price,dd,eller,leblanc,emelin,diaz are ahl material? they are all getting a crucial and important year of LEARNING how to become a solid pro.which i hate to break it to people,takes time.
They aren't AHL "material" as a disparagement, I'm saying in a healthy normal lineup they would be developing in the AHL. The idea that their development is being enhanced by a couple of games up and NOT 1st line minutes is flawed. If they were playing the bulk of the time, yeah fine, good experience and in fact I WISH RC would play them and bench the DD line who are doing a lot of damage.

Where did I say "pk,patches,price,dd,eller,leblanc,emelin,diaz " are AHL material? I was referring to the fact that these remaining games are not going to enhance the team for next year for guys like Leblanc THAAAT much. And certainly not if the alternative is getting a high draft pick. I will accept the tradeoff of them losing by a goal, still getting ice time and us drafting a high pick. I don't think Leblanc and Palushaj's careers will be marred. BTW, they've had all f'in season to get experience (whoever it is that you're saying is benefitting from development), so these last few games are not going to help much. Specifically most of the people you mentioned are IMO already developed, again, these games are not going to give them a huge boost if we win, into next season.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, which was:

winning these games/finishing strong does not mean **** for the "development" of said players. They are still getting the same amount of experience by losing. It will not create a losing mentality, if anything they'll be back stronger and again, I don't think they are going to cry about losing, they are playing for pride, that's it. They can be more proud next year by making the playoffs in the first place.

Also, sort of OT, but the AHL is a great place to learn how to become a pro. Ask our top goal scorer and the top scoring center.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote