View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Jerk Store*
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
wow whats fridays winning lottery numbers? You know everything!

wow dude your so dramatic. Take a step back and look at the big picture. We have more young talent than most teams in the league. We have a top 5 goalie in the league with a damn good back up. The only way we can go from here is up and I am a firm believer that we will be contenders next yr IF we get a veteran or 2 on D fire PG make RC an assistant coach hopefully and hire a coach that will light a fire under players like Pleks Bourque Weber ect ect or even trade them. We need some fairly big changes but they are changes that can quite easily be done.
Yikes! Posts like these are what worry me about the habs going through a rebuild. People thinking its an easy process. WeThreeKings is right in that montreal is several pieces away. The young talent has arrived and the cupboards are bare (relatively speaking), there seems to be no indication of where this franchise is going (I expected more at the trade deadline). Until management is replaced, this team will be a bit of a mess.

However, if they get the right management group, things can be turned around. There are some young nice pieces, but I dont agree that veteran signings are the answer here. Once management is in place, let them take their time and find their man for the coaching job. And f*%k the people who b*&ch if the right man isn't french. Where has the complaining and requests gotten this team? Finally, once that is in place, management and ownership has to invest in a proper scouting staff. It's nice to have Trevor Timmins heading things, but the man cant scout the globe by himself. The fact that some teams haven't figured out that this is one of the keys to success in the NHL yet is beyond me. THN having the habs prospect pool at 28th is no surprise to me. Don't get me wrong, some prospects are attractive and will fill a need, but it really lacks in top end talent, and that's where good scouting comes in.

Just as an example, that Jeff Carter deal look brutal for Columbus because JJ is an average defenseman and while that first rounder is a nice asset to have, it's only as good as what you turn it into, and Columbus has a very poor drafting record.

Anyway, my 2 cents, and as for the OP, I think montreal is still ways away from being contenders, but, rebuilds aren't that bad. You get to see very exciting and promising hockey. I've said it in other threads, I doubt it will get worst than this.

Better times are ahead for sure

Jerk Store* is offline   Reply With Quote