View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 12:28 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I think you do bring up a good point though .... could you afford to go after Parise this summer and then Weber next summer? Worst case scenario for the Preds would be watching Suter walk this summer. If he does that, I think you have to reasonably assume there is a chance Weber will do the same the following summer when he is also an UFA.

So ... would you not go after Parise in the hope assuming Suter leaves Nashville hoping to get a shot at Weber? I don't think you should take that risk, and I'd still pursue Parise. It's hard though .... because I don't know that Gaglardi would eat the losses to pay top dollar 2 years in a row. However, I think Parise and Weber are definitely players that are worth stretching yourself thin for.
I definitely don't think you hold back on pursuing Parise this year in hopes that Weber becomes available next year. I think you approach this offseason as a big one and go after the only major fish worth (IMO) throwing the bank at. My feeling is that if Suter doesn't sign with a team like Detroit then he will be looked at as a very big disappointment. He can fit right in on a team like that and earn his paycheck but I don't see that happening if he were to sign somewhere that viewed him as getting the "big fish."

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote