View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Given the way they award the Masterton these days, Pax is a lock, he has to be the team's nominee. Really although the award description would amply apply to DD, the truth is they give it out to guys who come back from injury almost always. I agree that in terms of showing dedication and overcoming adversity to make it in the NHL, however, DD is a more than worthwhile candidate. This guy wasn't drafted, spent a full year in the ECHL, had to work his way up to top line duty in the AHL and then did it again in the NHL. But to even pretend to be surprised Pax got the nod over him is really disingenuous. Ask 100 random NHLers who the Habs nominee was going to be and I bet you get almost 100 responses saying Pax.

Given that it's Rejean Tremblay pushing a french player over an English one, it's pretty easy to question his motives, but I certainly think DD would be a very deserving candidate. Thing is, Chara broke Pax's neck and no one except Dr. Recchi knew he would make a full recovery, much less come back and score 30. It's absolutely a no brainer that the team chose him as their candidate.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote