View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
He should be. The masterton is not the "best player coming back from injury" award, its the award for the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey. I agree Patches persevered through his injury but DD stuck with it through not being drafted to centering the Habs first line. Also, MaxPac has 2 suspensions does he not?
OK, here's the deal. I'm going to slam your head into a piece of steel at 30 MPH. You're going to break your neck, and be unconscious and concussed.

Now. Here's what you do:

You recover from this terrifying, life threatening injury.

You play despite your family asking you not to.

You work your ass off to get back in shape after losing ten pounds of sweat and muscle in the hospital in 3 weeks.

You re-make your NHL club from scratch, 6 months later.

You score 30-35 goals while the biggest toughest meanest sons of *****es in the most violent professional league and sport in the world are trying to take your head off, every game.

Really.

DD? DD? Did you say DD?

Not sure if serious?

I love DD. But There is no question here. Why is this even a question? I bet you know why. Why don't you tell us what this is really about? Go ahead. Tell us. Tell us what you're really thinking. Be honest for once.

Because DD does not deserve a Masterton in any way. Not at all, ever. Not even close.

Bill Masterton DIED playing the Game. Pax came damn close to dying playing the game.

DD is short and worked hard.

The Masterton is ONLY about recovering from injury, and bravery. It' not about 'trying hard'. Jeezus H.

I can't wait until the Nords get a new franchise. God almighty.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote