Thread: Injury Report: Anisimov gone long term?
View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
We're dropping like flies.

Is Torts stratagey of going balls to the wall from September a bad one? Everyone else seems to be getting healthy, while we're wearing down and getting hurt..
I mean Callahan's injury, while caused by Torts general theme of having his players block shots, was circumstantial. Del Zotto hitting his hip pointer into the post is circumstantial. Anisimov getting hit awkwardly by the Pens pest could have happened to any player not really paying attention on the ice. Sauer getting a concussion because he didn't have his helmet on tight enough is circumstantial. Lundqvuist having the flu is circumstantial.

Can't really blame Torts for the injuries, they're all happening coincidentally. What I blame torts for is for wearing our team out. Other teams look more dominant now because they're fresher and have less fatigue. We need to rest our top defensive pairing for a good 5 games. Del Zotto is getting his rest right now. Staal shouldn't be fatigued because he came halfway through the season. Stralman hasn't had the workload that the top 4 have had so he should also be good to go. Bring up Erixon, Bickel looks lost.

As for the offense, we don't have that many offensive dynamos to begin with. Callahan is getting his rest right now. Anisimov, hopefully, will have a few weeks off to get his breath too. Stepans minutes will reduce significantly over the next few weeks so I fully expect him to be ready to go in the playoffs as well. Hagelin seems to be doing great, Gabby and Richie are veterans and they seem to be dealing with the workload very well this year.

Add Kreider into this lineup and I think the offense also has a spring to their step. We just need rest.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote