View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
I face a bit of a dilemma. I was planning on contracting four teams, as ideally I'd like to have a more "normal" 12 team league, but two of the four inactive teams I was gonna contract have become active again so I don't know whether to contract them or not. As it is there's only two or three inactive teams with Shoot kind of being on the fence. I might have to force out one or two active owners if nothing changes, but there's a decent chance that some people will lose interest and activity in the off-season.

I know this won't happen until the off-season, but the season is nearing it's end and I'd like to know by the end of our playoffs what will be happening. So I have four questions for you all as I value everyone's input in this league:

1) Should we contract two or four teams?

2) With the players of the contracted teams, should we add them to the free agent and prospect draft or should we hold a separate, third draft for all these players?

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized?

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine.

As it is, here's the two teams that will most definitely be contracted and their players:

A Tribe Called Soul
(last log-in date 11/01/11)

C

Cody Hodgson
T.J. Oshie
John Tavares
Daniel Winnik
Lars Eller
Nazem Kadri
Brandon McMillan
Joey Hishon
Jonathan Huberdeau

LW

Jamie Benn
Evander Kane
Tomas Kopecky
Wojtek Wolski
Raffi Torres

RW

Danny Cleary
Marian Gaborik
Patrick Kane
Bryan Little
Paul Thompson

D

Dan Boyle
Matt Carle
John-Michael Liles
Shea Weber
Keith Yandle
Anton Babchuk
Adam McQuaid
Erik Gustafsson

G

Ray Emery
Henrik Lundqvist
Anders Lindback
Jake Allen

Broad Street Brassknuckles (last log-in date 12/12/11)

C

Tyler Bozak
Michal Handzus
Rich Peverley
Patrick Sharp
Nathan Gerbe
Tyler Pitlick
Jacob Josefson
Jordan Schroeder

LW

Milan Lucic
Joffrey Lupul
Bobby Ryan
Alexander Semin
Ville Leino
Viktor Stalberg

RW

Brian Gionta
Jannik Hansen
Patric Hornqvist
Kyle Okposo
Eric Fehr
Anton Rodin
Jakob Silfverberg

D

Jay Bouwmeester
Tobias Enstrom
Tom Gilbert
Tomas Kaberle
Duncan Keith
Nicklas Lidstrom
Aaron Rome
Andre Markov

G

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Ryan Miller
Robin Lehner

That's just two teams mind you with enough impact players for two or three rounds. My goal, by contracting these teams, is to greatly increase the number of impacting free agents in the off-season and thus allow great teams to maintain their greatness and bad teams to improve themselves and compete. As it is, I'm sad to say that I regret forming a 16 team league. Too little in terms of impacting free agents to draft and too many teams to keep active.

So, in short, please answer all four of those questions. It's not necessary so nobody will be "punished" for not answering them, but keep in mind that if you don't voice your opinion then I'm forced to assume you have none and thus you can't complain about the outcome of things. Here's my stance on each of the issues:

1) Should we contract two or four teams? I would love to contract by four which would leave us with 12 teams total.

2) With the players of the contracted teams, should we add them to the free agent and prospect draft or should we hold a separate, third draft for all these players? I would also love to add them into the prospect and free agent draft. Especially if we only contract by two teams as that doesn't really leave enough for a third, separate draft.

3) If you do want to have a third, separate draft for these contracted players, in what way should the draft order be decided? In some kind of relation to the standings or completely randomized? Assuming we do go this route, I would like the order completely randomized.

4) How do you want the free agent and prospect draft to be handled in terms of draft order? Should they both be in inverse order of the standings, order of the standings, or each as one of the two? Note, however, that no matter what anyone says these two drafts will be serpentine. I was thinking that prospect draft would be in the inverse order of the standings with a lottery for the top half of the teams and the free agent draft would be the opposite. In the order of the standings with a lottery for the top teams again.