Old
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
This board is something else.

An article is posted about an Oilers' 4th round pick getting 40 goals in junior, 40 freakin goals, a significant accomplishment for a "lesser" draft pick. And instead of seeing the positive of situation, people need to drag him down as well as others in the organization.

For **** sakes people, so a guy is the ECHL, because no one's been there before? So other guys who didn't pan out put up big numbers, who cares?

This kid, as a 19 year old foreigner, put up 40 goals in the top junior league in all of North America. I don't care how you spin it, it's ****ing impressive.
I haven't really seen anything negative posted. Just tempered expectations. There were Eberle comparisons going on, so some people (myself included) have simply point that some 18 year olds have scored 40 in the OHL, and still weren't drafted.

The numbers are great. However, he did score 23 goals last year, and I'm sure management had a projection (based on improvement and increased ice time) of about 35 goals. Very natural in the OHL.

So aside from slightly exceeding that POTENTIAL expectation, without having seen much of him, there are obviously other reasons as to why he went as a 4th rounder. The question I have, is has he improved in those areas? How is the rest of his game progressing, and does there appear to be room for more improvement?

notloilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote