View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Saying the main reason for his success is because of Hitchcock is crazy,like if the guy didn't prove anything in the past.

Hitchcock is helping but like I said he would still have some good stats afterall Davis Payne was also a defensive oriented coach.

The guy was burning the league the first 2 months last year.The Blues was a dominant team during that period.Then half the team got injured.Halak also played injured during the month of January before being put in IR for a hand injury,during that time the team had lost all it's momentum.When he came back he finished the year strong just like he started.If Halak wasn't injured and had either Oshie or Perron still playing,the Blues would have probably made the post-season.

I admit he wasn't at his peak during the first 6 games of the season but Halak was already starting to play some solid hockey when Davis Payne was still around.People think that it's Hitchcock that saved his season,it's BS...he was already starting to show some signs before the firing.

When Halak was on fire during the 09-10 season,I don't think I remember people screaming Ahhh it's because of Jacques Martin's system!! New Jersey played the trap for years but nobody ever said that Martin Brodeur wouldn't be that good whitout it.

Halak is burning the league right now,the system is helping him but even whitout it,he would be having a great year.
Why so bitter bro? No one is bashing Halak's here. I think everyone agrees that he is a really good goalie. We are just saying that he is even better with the system implented by Hitchcock and the number shows it. His GAA and SV% from last year and the first seven games of the season compared to his numbers with Hitchcock are quite telling. Its like night and day.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote