View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Parise and Suter will sign before the CBA is resolved. It's actually a pretty silly situation.

Free agency will open business as normal on July 1st. The current projection based on the current CBA formula will put the cap at $69 million. Like most top free agents, I would expect Parise and Suter to be locked up on July 1st.

The current CBA does not expire until September 15th. At that time, if a new CBA is agreed upon, most believe the new CBA will lower the cap to around $60 million.

So ... teams will sign players on July 1st based on the old CBA even though they'll play next season under a new CBA.

With the possibility of forcing RFAs to take a bridge contract being discussed, don't count on Benn signing a deal until the new CBA is done.

Someone mentioned a salary rollback along with the lowering of the cap. Don't count on it. Reports have said teams should not expect any help to get cap compliant if they spend freely this summer. IMO .... you'll see another work stoppage if owners seek a salary rollback. The good thing thieving is I haven't seen anyone speculate it is possible.

Sorry for any typos. I'm on my phone.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote