View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
the

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
are you under a rock. There are a lot of people who believe Brodeur benefited substantially under that system.

The thing that will always be a detriment to what Halak brings is that he hasnt shown capable of playing 60-70 games a year. Its a fact. He will get a lot more recognition if he shows he is a number one instead of splitting the duties. Its harder to maintain the level of 30 great games a year to someone who needs to be great for 60+ games a year.

Also, Halak has been great but he has also put up the numbers versus worse teams than even his teammate.

Based on todays standings, you would have Elliot playing 21 games against playoff teams in just 33 games while you have Halak playing only 17 games against playoff teams in 41 games.

Like I said Halak has played very well this year, but it nice to see him to actually play a full season where he is the main man facing all the playoff calibre teams
I agree,I wish Jaroslav could play more games.If it wasn't for his hand injury he would have probably play 70 games and have a decent season.I guess what fans want to see is him playing a good amount of games but also have great stats.The thing is he already proved in the past he can play loads of games and have good stats.

During the 09-10 season he played 45 fans for the Habs,he then played 7 games during the Vancouver Olympics where they did the unthinkable by defeating Russia and finished his banner year by playing 18 games in the playoffs.

Total 70 games .922 SV% 2.44 GAA 4033 MIN

There's no doubt in my mind Jaroslav can be a ELITE goalie in this league.

the is offline   Reply With Quote