View Single Post
Old
03-16-2012, 08:00 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
This team needs 3rd line depth. It's evident right now, and in the immediate future. Sure, Kreider can play 3rd line next season, but that involves getting one of those guys. The plan should be to get someone that can fill in a 3rd line scoring role that can play the 2nd line until Kreider is ready. People on that list for me include in no particular order:

A. Kostitsyn
Boyes
Whitney
Hudler
David Jones
Stempniak
Kyle Wellwood

Hudler would be the most expensive, and my guess is that Detroit re-signs him. Whitney might stay in Phoenix and he'd be expensive, but for only one season, not impacting the cap after next season. He'd also be a good stop-gap top 6 winger to get Kreider ready and to place Hagelin on a line that he can help produce more. Wellwood would be interesting, but not sure if he's a "Torts" player. Stempniak seems like a likely situation, not as good as the others. David Jones could re-sign with a young Colorado team, I guess he will. A Kost most likely re-signs in Nashville to play with his brother. Boyes to me fits best. Buffalo will not bring him back. He's on the right side of 30 (29 years of age), has skill, but is down this season. Better passer than shooter, but that's not a bad thing for this team. Averages around 45 points a season with about 17 goals. Is he a Torts player? I think he'd be fine on the team. Buffalo has a lot of younger forwards taking his ice-time, and he'd be getting decent minutes here. He'd be cheaper and a viable option to move to the 3rd line if Kreider can play 2nd line or even top line.

I think Hagelin, Dubi, and Kreider is fine on LW, but adding a vet to play where Kreider and Hagelin don't have to play top 6 roles and cause havok on lower lines. I'd just like a vet BETTER than Feds who can play with the guys on higher lines and not hold them back. Boyes would be that kind of an option. Still think Whitney would be the BEST option.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote