View Single Post
Old
03-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Looked like a broken wrist the way he was holding it on the bench. How long does it take to heal a broken wrist - best and worst case scenario? Hairline fracture, 3-4 weeks?? Clean break, 4-6 weeks??
I'm not an expert on such matters but I believe best case scenario for a broken wrist is 3-4 weeks. Worst case is it ends his career. If he broke the scaphoid bone in his wrist, he will be out a while. If he suffers complications with the recovery of such an injury, it could end his career as it almost did to Sheldon Souray. He was down to one last surgery on it (after about 2-3 previously) to try and save his career. I recall reading that if it hadn't worked, his quality of life could have been severely affected too, maybe even to the point where opening doors and driving a car would be difficult tasks.

Could easily be a sprain as well though. However that isn't necessarily better news. There is a lot of potential variation in wrist injuries and although a broken scaphoid may be the worst news (if anyone knows better, please correct me), a minor fracture of another bone may be better than a severe sprain. Whatever it is, hopefully it isn't too serious for him and he can get back on the ice soon.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote