View Single Post
Old
03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I agree with this, and I think Staal would be more appreciated if we had a perfect offensive partner for him. Unfortunately, none of our right defensemen are that player. Girardi and Staal are a fine shutdown pair, but neither one really excels against faster players. They can shut down Malkin but they have trouble with very fast teams. Also, I like McDonagh with Girardi because I'd like McDonagh to continue to grow his offensive game. I can't stop seeing flashes of Neidermeyer type rushes from this kid. He has the wheels and the brain for sure. It's just a matter of consistency and keeping his confidence at a high level. If McDonagh and Girardi were our SECOND pair instead of the first, we'll have the best top 4 in the league. Now, the issue is finding that perfect RD for Staal.

Does anyone know is Suter has ever played the right side at even strength? I think he's a good enough player that he could make the transition with minimal hiccups.

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi

Then we could trade Del Zotto in a package for an elite winger and have Erixon and Stralman (who I really think will be re-signed) as the bottom pair, with McIlrath, Bickel, Parlett as injury call-ups from Hartford. No more Eminger or Woywitka.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller and Thomas for Patrick Sharp? Drool.

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for Loui Eriksson?

Del Zotto, Dubinsky/Anisimov, Miller/Thomas for St. Louis?

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Sharp/Eriksson/St. Louis
Zuccarello Dubinsky/Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Stralman
McIlrath
Bickel
Parlett

Lundqvist
Johnson

What about the PP? We wouldn't have a really good offensive defenseman. Suter is ok, but Weber is the straw that stirs the drink on the PP.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote