Old
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
That is true but if we keep Carter at wing we need to sign a center and a wing or rely on a Loktionov to carry our 3rd line centering duties. I am not entirely opposed to that idea but it would be asking allot of the kid as well as leaving us in a weakened position.

To me it is a humm sort of thing.
Carter isn't a good center in the Kings system. The Kings top 2 centers are relied heavily to provide the defense down low. Carter would thrive in a Philly system where the top 2 centers don't have to play defense. Carter is the perfect winger for the Kings system, large and fast with a wicked shot.

I wouldn't mind seeing Holloway brought back to add to the top 9, I don't think Toffoli should be counted on making the team as a first year pro, he will need 2 seasons in Manchester. I've been impressed enough with King to give him a shot of keeping a top 6 roll on the Kings. He's on a 46 point pace as a rookie right now. Playing with Richards and Carter lets him just play the simple game of using his size to retrieve pucks and pass it to his linemates. Then he just heads to the net.

Without signing anyone, I would roll this top 9:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Loktionov-Holloway (Did Holloway and Loktionov play together in Manchester?)

Clifford/Richardson/Lewis/Westgarth/Nolan can round out the bottom 3.

With the changes to the system that Sutter has been able to mid-season, I would hope that he would continue to evolve over the summer and get an even better 5-man offensive system in place during traing camp.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote