View Single Post
02-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Very Random
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Masao Kishin
I know what you guys are saying, but in any case my knees are completely shafted anyway and I'd better just quit before I start needing a wheelchair. The only reason they made me play goal was because I can hardly skate. I just stand there and hope that the puck hits me... no fun.
Don't mean that to be harsh, but taking your words at face value, seems like you are looking for a reason to quit.

The coach with the unkind words gives you an easy out, a reason to quit, if you are looking for one. Likewise, if your injuries are that bad, then you have another reason. But aside from getting medical counsel that you must quit for health reasons, it is your choice, totally. No one can stand in your shoes, nor make a decision for you. But make no mistake: If you choose to quit, it's because you want to, not because of any outside influences. Those are just easy distractions, easy excuses.

Not going to judge you or your decision, however, one can tell you this: If words are enough to cause you to quit hockey, then you are going to be doing a lot of quitting in your life. For there will always be people who tell you what you can't do, trying to put you down and telling you how you will fail. Regardless of it's in sports or elsewhere.

Wouldn't want to have that coach on my team. Likewise, wouldn't want a quitter on my team either.

Again, sorry to be somewhat harsh, but perhaps some tough love is in order here.

Just me, but I'd get back on the ice today. And if I "failed" again, I'd hit the ice again and again and again...until I get it "right".

And the high standards that I'd hold myself up to would be my own. Not the words of another.

PS - I'm likely twice your age (if not more) and facing arthroscopic surgery on my right knee in a couple of months. And I'm playing later today and tomorrow night.

It's all up to you. Best of luck.

Last edited by Trottier: 02-12-2006 at 04:59 PM.