View Single Post
Old
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild
Jokinen isnt going to Ottawa and all the sens fans should learn to accept that. Your GM has already stated he wont give up a lot or a big part of his team for a rental. The panthers will want a quality guy for giving up Jokinen because hes obviously their captain and best player, and other teams such as Flyers will have a lot of interest in him too. Personally I think the flyers have much more to offer than the sens do. Umberger, Jones, Carter, along with some good prospects like Ruszika along with lots of picks. Clarke has been quoted saying he wil need to find a good replacment for Primeau if he says he will not come back. So, I think by replacement he intends to get a very physical, big gritty guy, who can score. Jokinen fits this description perfectly. The flyers also have been doing pretty poorly latley, which should also lead to some interest among other available players. Even though theres been so much talk about this deal going down with Ottawa, I wouldnt read too much into it. A good example is obviously with Doug Weight. The sens were thought to be his sure destination but out of no where Carolina picks him up. Watch for a similar situation to happen with the Flyers. Clarke does his job quietly, nonetheless, he gets it done. I mean no one ever thought about the Seidenberg-Nedved deal. That came out of no where. And even with all the centers they have, they would still most likely get him. Carter, Handzus and Nedved can all play the wing so I dont think that is really an issue. Plus we have 2 injury prone centers(Nedved aand Foppa) who the flyers cant depend on not getting hurt for the rest of the season. Definitly going to flyers, watch come tradedeadline.

That's fine with us... Let Clarke overpay and leave his biggest weakness unaddressed (goaltending).