Chris Neil goes after rookie Carter Ashton, fights Grabovski.
View Single Post
03-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Join Date: Jul 2004
Originally Posted by
Paris in Flames
How did Grabo make a dumb mistake? He didn't get hurt or look too bad in the exchange, tried to show that he didn't want to see teammates pushed around and it didn't cost the Leafs the game. You have your skilled forward willing to fight Neil. That's worth more than anything coming from the game.
Seems alright to me.
Hindsight... He made a dumb mistake for the following reasons;
1) Neil has no effect on the outcome of the game
2) Grabo is far more valuable to the leafs than Ashton
3) Grabo could've been injured
4) Grabo in the box for 5 minutes could've changed the game
5) Ashton is 6'3", 215pds - he could've tied Neil up better than Grabo
Any way, luckily this didn't change the outcome of the game and Grabo is fine...but some players make dumb decisions in the heat of the moment. Another example of this happened a couple games ago when Cowen one of the sens best dmen fought Nokoleinan, a 4th line plug.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Shabutie